Wednesday, January 27, 2010







Sequence by Seth Stafford.

Some words: I really don't want to include words on this post cause there's just no way they could describe either Jaime, or this sequence going on here, but I just can't help but mention that this was a really fun day somewhere kinda near the outer banks, and I got a bunch of really good waves and just thought I was killing it, and I remember Jaime paddled up to me all tweaked and sunburnt and I asked him, " hey how was that last left you got?" and he replied, "oh! ah, man it was siiiiiiiick!--I pulled in and then just stayed in it forever!" And I remember thinking that it must have been a good wave, cause Jaime never really talks about how sick his waves were, I mean he does if you ask him, but he never really gets too proud, just kind of flies under the radar if you know what I mean. Anyway we got home and Seth showed us this sequence and I couldn't believe how sick it was--shot number 6 is so perfect--and it's funny cause I remember thinking that I would definitely see it in the mags somewhere, but sure enough I never did, why... because as far as the pop surf culture goes, if you aren't a poster-board for some company then you aren't a surfer worth mentioning, even if one of the best surf photogs of our time has a good shot of you. I guess it's better that way.