Friday, December 17, 2010

Best damn Pepsi i ever drank.

I don't usually write words on here, and probably for good reason... i don really think that he things i do are all that interesting and i'm not as funny as bri, but i thought id share with y'all somethin that happened to me today.

I've never been a Pepsi kinda guy, always preferred coke. not really sure why exactly but maybe it's something to do with the polar bear commercials around christmas time... though today may have changed that for me. anyway it's not really important

life in Hawaii is actually pretty damn tough, i do love it very much but, its been getting hard on me. I found out today that my loans for school arent really gonna go through like i planned. i may not be able to take classes next semester and i owe about four grand out of my pocket that i cant find a lender to cover. its actually almost comical that i am one of the best students in most of my classes, attending college is all i really want to do right now and yet i cant afford it, cant even get a loan. On top of this is the ever present fact that at the beginning of each month i have 800 dollars in rent to take care of, so i have two jobs along with full time schooling to take care of, which even then barely covers the rent, let alone gas at 3.50 a gallon and food. Im walking home from the news about my loans, im about as stressed as i can be, no money, no car, no girl to hug, rents comin up soon, how am i gonna get my degree, thinking about having to move back home with my tail between my legs and just subjugate myself to a life of working construction... its a bout an hour walk back up the hill to my apartment, no wind, sun glaring on the blacktop makes it feel like 100 degrees out, and the walk is straight up a verticle road... sweating my ass off. I'm just really feeling beat down, just trying to figure out how to get my life together. I come around a bend and to big mokes(fat hawaiian dudes) are taking a break from some mason work. as i walk past them one of them looks at me straight i the eye, " Hey brah! i give you one soda, i know you tired brah and this gonna make you feel mo bettah and give you energy to get up da hill." I'm not sure why but i kinda just looked at him, shocked. he put the Pepsi in my hand, it was ice cold. he smiled and so did i as i said thank you. i could have had a three hour walk after that and would still be in a good mood. I'm saving the can and im just gonna put myself back to work, it's gonna work out, and when i get a little money im gonna buy someone a pepsi.

Aloha! A Hui Ho!
A.H.