Friday, December 17, 2010

Pipe Masters

Well, while Adam was struggling through his day yesterday I was having a good time up in the country. I left early enough to catch Slaters heat against Ace Buckaan (I don't know how to spell that and I don't feel like looking it up, although in the time it's taking to explain that I could have easily looked it up.) Anyway the heat was sick, I guess I was standing next to Ace's coach, or friend or whatever, he seemed like an industry kook to me, with all the so-cal mannerisms such as, "sooo good!," and, "ya, ok!" and whatever you know how those guys talk, but anyway when Slater broke his board the guy was like, "money!" and I didn't like that, who wants to win like that anyway, but then Ace broke his board right afterwards and the guy was freaking out running and getting the pieces and feeling very important and I coughed, "mhhoney!" and it was all very exciting and I filmed this clip of Slater switching boards with my phone cause my cameras are all broke.

Anyway, Slater went on to win the heat and Parko got the triple crown title, and then I watched a few more heats including the one when Dane did that huge air like right in front of where I was standing, it was sick and Sethy was in the water shooting with a black helmet on, and I called Miller while Slater and Jeremy were battling and Miller said rockys was good, so after the Slater Jeremy heat, which by the way was one of the craziest heats I'v ever seen, I decided not to stay for the Flores, Peirrow final and went and surfed yards which was a couple feet over-head with no one out and like a skate park. All in all though, I have to say that the best part of my day was the text I got from slug while I was sitting on the beach at pipe about to surf perfect uncrowded waves.
Quite a contrast huh, and look at that Slug, he's so cute, like a little happy snow man. Thanks for the clip Slug.