Friday, December 24, 2010

Santas Throwing Shakas


Merry Christmas Friends!

Well I gotta say this is the weirdest christmas I can remember. With the lack of seasonal change out here in Hawaii, it's hard to get the same kind of holiday vibe I remember from home. Some people have up some funny kind of strangeo christmas lights with santas throwing shakas and reindeer pulling santas on surfboards, but these don't really get my spirits up, they just make things weirder. Went out with Adam, Sandy, and his girl Christy for a few drinks last night down in Wak-kiki, there was a man dressed as a woman, hells angel bikers, old crack head troglodyte ladies with little kid, little bear bags, and a sweet, yet strange Ozzy cover band composed of four japanese kids dressed in black. The best part about the band was the set list, the band was called "masters of Oz," but they played everything from "Brown eyed girl," to "Freebird," (at Adams partly drunken request I might add.) Anyway we had a good time, and I have an image blazed into my mind from the night that I just can't let go of.

As we walked home from the bar I looked up at one of the many ridiculous sky scraping apartment buildings and each unit had strung up some Xmas lights in their own unique way. This made me feel good in a way, like those people up there in all those little boxes are real. Because sometimes I feel like they might just be bunch of clones, or androids.

Anyway, yeah been thinking of home a lot. Miss family, miss friends. Looks like there's been some fun waves back there lately, check out this sick pic of my buddy Colin shredding somewhere up in north Jersey, Looks cold, but a little fire makes cold ok right. Colin Rips.


















And check this one out from Das Gimp. Looks like 10th st's been firing up some cold wedges. OOOOOOhhh, (sorry for that little sound effect I'm listening to Daft Punk too much.















Anyway Gimper says it was sick out there, he shredded with the one and only Scotty O, "surfed for three hours," he said. Sounds nice.

So here it is. Xmas- eve that is, hoping to dawn patrol six to eight foot sunset in the morning, that will be our Xmas presents, big heavy rights. Nice. Also a sweet box of cookies sent from mom and dad, and a cool turkey and fruit pies and some dry goods sent from sis. Oh and some cool T-shirts, all of which I am going to take pictures and put up when I get home tomorrow night. Good night all, and to all a merry christmas.!