Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's pretty hard to film when the cameramen are also the surfers, so we didn't get any clips from this spot, but check that left feathering out there in the background--we called it muscles--a big, deep, lurching left breaking over scattered rock reef shelves. This is where we had our first surfing experience in the north, six feet solid, cold, no one out except for a couple of harbor seals. Adam shined.


Big left, red with runoff. This was just a random spot we could just barley see from the road, so we got out and hiked up the headland. I still remember walking up to the cliffs edge, there was a huge seal colony outside the wave, logs and debris in the lineup, and no one around. Real man stuff.


"I don't know Adam, what do you think?"


Morning time camp shot. Cold, 40 degrees F--ready for some coffee, eggs, toast, and tubes. Note the perfect A-frame coming across our front porch.


I took this from my phone from inside the tent seconds after I opened my eyes from dreamland. Adam was still sleeping. I like zipping open sets. It's kind of like opening a box of wine.